Tuesday, May 19, 2015

103 - Back Alley Beauty

Its amazing what you can find down seemingly dingy back alleyways in Perth... from plants struggling to survive in cracks in the pavement to incredible works of art on the back of restaurants. This piece, which I have dubbed 'Battle Platypus' as I don't know its actual name (and that's what it looks like to me..) is by Mexican artist Curiot. While it MAY not actually be a Battle Platypus, I believe Curiot is big on mythical creatures - so I'm sure it's something equally as majestic.
 

7 comments:

  1. Colorful and amazing!! Great capture for the day!! Thanks, as always, for sharing! Hope your week is going well!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Curiot has a very active imagination and a wonderful sense of colour!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like it and that is a good name you picked out for it too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. He's a wonderful creature! Laneways are favourite places of mine - lots of cool stuff to be found even though they can be a bit scary at times.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have found some fine mural art here. Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes, I do like that mural. It's very colorful and a bit whimsical.

    ReplyDelete