Saturday, September 3, 2016

33/2016 - Welcome to Canberra

 
While I may have failed at taking lots of photos in Sydney, I feel like I kinda made up for it in Canberra. It might be a small city and whatnot but my friend Bek certainly manages to prove to me each time I visit that that doesn't mean it is boring! From delicious food to amazing scenic hikes to a day of science, we certainly made the best of my short time there. To begin, a leisurely stroll around Lake Burley Griffin at sunset - definitely exactly what I needed a after a four and a half hour train ride! I've gotta say - Canberra does good sunsets!
 

10 comments:

  1. Lovely photos. I agree that size doesn't really matter in cities--it's what you can find that is important and it's nice to have a friend to show you the great sights!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Never been to Canberra, but I have seen beautiful photos from there.
    Your sunset photos are beautiful Aimee.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning views of the lake in sunset light. It's been many years since I walked round there. A pretty place.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful...especially the last one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love that structure in the last pic, Aimee!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are great shots! I love the simple shots of the ocean.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have so many great shots, and I just want to tell you that I am now having my first cup of coffee at the kitchen table, Saturday morning at 07.53..... and have enjoyed a trip to "Down Under". Thank you!
    HAPPY WEEKEND!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope this finds you and yours doing well. May we display your header on our new site directory? As it is now, the site title (linked back to its home page) is listed, and we think displaying the header will attract more attention. In any event, we hope you will come by and see what is going on at SiteHoundSniffs.com.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful shots here Aimee, Canberra looks lovely! I must visit Australia at some point and actually explore some of these places properly as I love your photos. The light in these is stunning! Hope you're well and sorry it's been so long since I last commented! - Tasha

    ReplyDelete