Friday, January 9, 2015

Eight - Penguin Island

Growing up in Perth I was surrounded by people who were like "man, I can't wait to get out of here". Lots of people who thought it was too boring. I personally don't understand those people. Hopefully in the future as this blog goes along I'll be able to show you a few of the MANY things happening in our beautiful city (and if you've come here from Perth Daily Photo then you've already seen some of them!). But cool bars, arts festivals and awesome street art aside, we are also so very spoilt with world class beaches (I'm lucky enough to live a 5 minute drive away from one of these and take advantage of that fact as often as possible). Today I went a little further for a trip out to Penguin Island. I haven't been since I was in school and I have no idea why, its beautiful! The teeny bubble above was found inside one of the pools that had formed in the rock formations on the sand below.

16 comments:

  1. I like the bubble, it really stimulates the imagination and becomes many things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's refreshing to know you actually LIKE the place where you grew up. Many people don't know that until they move away and after many years living some place else. Of course it helps a lot that you have a good eye for finding interesting photos. You are lucky to see Perth through the eyes of someone who has lived there all your life but at the same time seeing it as a tourist might.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two super images Aimee, the macro shot is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think as kids everyone wants to be someplace else. When older, we find that home is where the heart was after all.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the macro of the little bubble but, that beach looks so inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. As I mentioned to your mom one time, my wife has relatives in Perth but we've never met. I love the city from what I've seen and would like to visit sometime but that's probably not going to happen.

    The island looks like a delightful spot to "get away from it all." Beautiful bubble shot, too. And thanks for your comment on Ocala: "flying grandmas" - I laughed out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoying Your take on Perth, A!

    ALOHA from Honolulu
    ComfortSpiral
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Looks nice there but where are the penguins

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Penguin Island, I try to go there every time we get overseas visitors, I can't get enough of those cute penguins!
    The photo of the bubble is really great.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I wouldn't mind living in Perth for a while. I have seen so many fine places via Grace's blog in the last few years.

    ReplyDelete
  11. An amazing macro shot, and that beach looks inviting!

    ReplyDelete
  12. It will be interesting to see the city through your eyes when we have seen so much of it from your mum! Love the macro shot.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your exquisite bubble is like some precious gem. So lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's an amazing photo of the bubble!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am so glad you've returned and your photos are stunning, I love all the beautiful colours you've captured and being from the UK I can't wait to see and learn more about Perth, it looks lovely! I will be keeping up with your photography - so glad I found your new blog! I had missed you! - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  16. So good to see your cheerful self again! The bubble photo is perfectly focused and just beautiful.

    Bises,
    Genie

    ReplyDelete