Monday, January 26, 2015

Twenty Five - Happy Australia Day!

The beach is both one of my happy places, and the first thing I think of when I try to think of something particularly 'Strayan' for an Australia Day post (followed closely by Vegemite and Tim Tams!). I know its not your typical 'white sandy beaches with ten billion people on them' photo (although had I panned slightly to the left that was available) but I just love the colours and textures in this particular spot. I hope all the Aussies reading this are having a wonderful day however you choose to celebrate and to everyone else, happy Monday!
 Linking in with: 

15 comments:

  1. Happy Australia Day! I hope you are enjoying the day. I love the close up of those shells. I think I would enjoy that spot too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy celebration! I like every kind of beach , always being attracted by shores.
    I like your picture of elephant's eye yesterday , very moving !
    Have a nice week !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are enjoying Australia day

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy 'Straya day, Aussie Aussie oih oih oih :-)
    And I have to say... you need to be an Aussie to love Vegemite and Tim Tams ;-)
    The Tim Tams we got as pressie are deco, waaaay too sweet, and from Macca´s Vegemite we made a mobile...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice contrast of colours and texture with smooth sky. I also like the way you cropped this photo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, I'll take it over the 12-24 inches of snow headed my way tonight and all tomorrow. Sheeeesh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree with EG, I really like the contrast of colors and texture and great composition for the shots, Aimee!! Hope you have a great new week -- and holiday!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ah Aimée, that's so much better than a gazillion people on the sand!

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's is a wonderful spot; a seaside sanctuary! Happy Australia Day to you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A very pretty beach and quite different from what I am used to where I live. The macro is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love seeing something that is more in the spirit of your own personal Australia Day. Fabulous detail in the first photo.

    ReplyDelete