Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Six - Critters Up Close part 1

I went for a leisurely stroll through the Yellagonga Regional Park this morning with Mamma and Pappa and it turned out to be a photography goldmine of little critters and interesting structures, so many little details to be found. Although I am trying to be more observant I've gotta say its really good to walk with with my Mum and Dad, they definitely point out some great things that I would still miss. I was pretty pleased to catch this little dude, these little crickets were all over the place but not so many of them were keen to let me get this up close and personal!

15 comments:

  1. Such a tiny creature in a huge landscape, nice spotting and excellent capture Aimee.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this beautiful critter have to be afraid by fire in Australia

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet you are already quite observant if you saw and photographed this critter. I find the more I photograph, the more observant I get. I like both photos very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For sure. It's easy to miss pieces of our world. Stop and slow the pace will do it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He's a handsome little fellow. It's a stretch for me to call any insect handsome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really like the details in that critter.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow. A psychedelic cricket. And a wonderful shot of him (her?) !

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amazing shot of that cricket! I love seeing photos of insects in all that lovely detail. I just found your new blog through Perth Daily Photo so I'll be following yours and keeping up to date with your posts now - I was worried you'd disappeared from the blogging world! - Tasha

    ReplyDelete
  10. That one seemed to be posing for you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. They always remind me of tractors for some weird reason! Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think the camera teaches us to be observant of the little things and even teaches us how dfferent angles detail different highlights of a subject. It's all in the practise. And I so love practising. This little guy is like a miniature work of abstract art.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Looks so warm there with your little grasshopper, supposed to be -12C here in a few hours, I would like to see some little critters hopping about.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thanks for bringing us along!


    ALOHA from Honolulu
    ComfortSpiral
    <3

    ReplyDelete