Sunday, January 18, 2015

The Rooftop Movies on top of the Roe Street car park complex is one of my favourite places to go on a balmy summer night in Perth. The view is beautiful (even if the river glimpses we had last year are starting to be blocked out by all of the new buildings going up), they play an awesome range of movies (both new and old classics) and everything up there is just so delightfully kitsch. And boy do I love a bit of kitsch. From the pink flamingos to the plastic basket light shades its just perfect. Tonight's viewing was the ever classic Wayne's World. A pretty good way to wind down after a very busy Sunday. I hope you had fabulous weekends!
Party Time! Excellent!

9 comments:

  1. I would love to watch a movie here. Looks like my kind of thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! I wish we had something like that here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They do that here in several places but I have never gone - it sure looks like fun! I too am a great lover of kitsch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's movie I haven't seen for a few years. Sounds like a nice place to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been up there to see the views but never to watch a movie, I should go sometime, as it must be fabulous at night!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We'll have to catch a movie together up here Aimee, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The upside down plastic basket lights have stolen my heart.

    ReplyDelete