Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Thirteen - Pathways Through the Banksias

From burnt out bushland to beautiful greenery. Well actually it was the other way around when I went walking yesterday. I love our native bushland, we have some really interesting plant life. I've always liked banksias (although the cones always remind me of the evil banksia men in the Snugglepot and Cuddlepie books) and something about the photo above just makes me happy. I  hope you're all having a great week - I'm on the countdown to having a sleep in on Saturday, this no naps in the afternoon thing is hard!

11 comments:

  1. Watching the news here last night--- this is a much more upbeat image than yesterdays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an interesting macro you have for us today. It makes me think of a perm I got when I was about 10 years old. I swear my hair looked just like that. I laughed at your comment about the sequined pants. I admit to wondering where she got them myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting textures in that first shot... definitely something I've never seen before!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha! Now I'm thinking about Sharon's perm :). Two excellent images here Aimee.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I´ve only seen Banksias blooming so far - awww, they look so "tired"!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'd love to do some biking down that path!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I always connect banksias with the Snugglepot and Cuddlepie book. I still have it as one of my childhood treasures. I adore bushland and beach walks. Never tire of either. But don't like crowds of people. Naps in the afternoon on holiday?. I don't do that often - just about every second day. Not much longer and I won't be doing that either.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous top shot and that path is like a book cover. A marvellous invitation...

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'd like to take a wander down that path!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It looks so pretty and delicate! The path does seem very inviting. I've gotten into an afternoon nap habit, but only because of my 2 year old grandson. He is very snuggly!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Saturday is also my, "sleep in", day! I love it!

    ReplyDelete