Saturday, January 10, 2015

Nine - Penguin Island Featuring Actual Penguins

So it looks like the beachy theme will be carrying on for a couple of days here at Daily Details. I actually went for a 20km beach walk down at my local today and hopefully got a couple of nice shots, but now I'm feeling way too tired to do any editing... so they'll have to wait to tomorrow! These ones are from yesterday at penguin island. Seriously that place is so picturesque there's almost too many photos to choose from. The plants all over the island were very samey, but I did like these little berries I happened to spot as we were wandering around.
And, just because it IS called Penguin Island...
The penguins are actually pretty shy, these were the only two out in the wild that we managed to spot, but if I was penguin sized and surrounded by huge scary humans I'd hide away too!!

11 comments:

  1. Cute little penguins. I have to admit that I didn't know some varieties of penguins live in Australia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How lucky! I never managed to find the ones in the wild, I've only seen the ones in the Penguin centre show. They are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wondered if there were penguins on the island, now I know.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a nice place to take a walk...Lucky you spotted the shy little guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks like it would be a fine adventure for a day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those penguins are sooooo cute !

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was wondering where were the penguins...they are pretty well hidden! Love that island, too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't realize that you had penguins in Australia either. How exciting to see them in the wild.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I didn't see those two Aimee.. how come! Love the berry macro, they were so tiny we almost missed them!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So lucky to spot penguins by day. The usual time for their beach walks is evening or night. And yes, they hide well. Apparently, penguin families always return to their own little beach hideaway. Amazing to have such accurate navigation skills.

    ReplyDelete